1 - 2 1/2 lbbeef tenderloin
·black pepper (optional)
2 cfinely chopped mushrooms
1med onion finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
·all purpose flour
1sheet pepperidge farm puff pastry (thawed)
How to Make Beef Wellington
- heat oven to 425. Place beef into a lightly greased roasting pan. season with black pepper if desired. Roast for 30 minutes or until thermometer reads 130 degrees. Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate 1 hour.
- reheat the oven to 425. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- heat the butter in a 10 - inch skillet over medium - high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until the mushrooms are tender and all the liquid is evaporated. stirring often.
- sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a rectangle 4 inches longer and 6 inches wider than the beef. Brush the pastry sheet with the egg mixture. Spoon the mushroom mixture onto the pastry sheet to within 1-inch of the edge. Place the beef in the center of the mushroom mixture. Fold the pastry over the beef and press to seal. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Tuck the ends to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture.
- bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the beef reads 140F.