4 lbsirloin steak cut into small squares
1/2 cgreen onions, finely chopped
2 cmushrooms, sliced and drained
1 can(s)condensed beef broth
1 tspworcestershire sauce
2 tsptomato paste
1/4 cdry red wine
How to Make Beef Tips
- Combine 1/2 cup flour with the salt and pepper and toss with beef cubes to coat thoroughly.
- Place in crock-pot.
- Add green onions and drained mushrooms.
- Combine with beef broth, worcestershire sauce and tomato paste.
- Pour over beef and vegetables; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 12 hours.
- One hour before serving, turn to high setting.
- Make a smooth paste of red wine and 3 tablespoons flour; stir into crock-pot, mixing well.
- Cover and cook until thickened.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
- 8 to 10 servings (about 3 quarts)