Beef Tips In Red Wine Sauce
2 csirloin tips cut into 1 inch slices
2 tspolive oil
1yellow onion, diced
2 cmushrooms, sliced
1garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tspdried thyme
1/2 cdry red wine
1.5 cbeef broth
3 cegg noodles
How to Make Beef Tips In Red Wine Sauce
- Brown beef cubes in the olive oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Turn the cubes frequently to ensure even browning on all sides.
- Add the onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until the onions are fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and reduce heat to medium low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes longer, or until mushrooms are brown.
- Combine the flour, thyme leaves, black pepper and nutmeg in a small dish.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over the meat and mushroom mixture, stirring well.
- Allow the flour mixture to "toast" in the pan without burning for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Then, stir in the red wine and beef broth.
- Stir until the liquid comes to a boil and thickens very slightly.
- Reduce heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- The sauce will continue to thicken as water evaporates during cooking. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a few tablespoons of water or beef broth.
- While the meat is cooking, cook the noodles according to package directions.
- When tender, stir the noodles and parsley into the beef mixture and heat through.