Beef Tips In Red Wine Sauce
- 2 c
- sirloin tips cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- yellow onion, diced
- 2 c
- mushrooms, sliced
- garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/3 tsp
- 1/2 c
- dry red wine
- 1.5 c
- beef broth
- 3 c
- egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Beef Tips In Red Wine Sauce
- 1Brown beef cubes in the olive oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- 2Turn the cubes frequently to ensure even browning on all sides.
- 3Add the onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until the onions are fragrant.
- 4Add the mushrooms and garlic and reduce heat to medium low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes longer, or until mushrooms are brown.
- 5Combine the flour, thyme leaves, black pepper and nutmeg in a small dish.
- 6Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over the meat and mushroom mixture, stirring well.
- 7Allow the flour mixture to "toast" in the pan without burning for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 8Then, stir in the red wine and beef broth.
- 9Stir until the liquid comes to a boil and thickens very slightly.
- 10Reduce heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 11The sauce will continue to thicken as water evaporates during cooking. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a few tablespoons of water or beef broth.
- 12While the meat is cooking, cook the noodles according to package directions.
- 13When tender, stir the noodles and parsley into the beef mixture and heat through.