BEEF TIPS AND NOODLES
Photo and recipe is my own.
- pounds tri-tip, or top sirloin, cut into one-inch pieces
- tablespoons olive oil divided
- onions sliced
- 3 to 4
- tablespoons cornstarch
- teaspoon thyme
- teaspoon marjoram, dried
- black pepper to taste
- cups beef broth
- wine is optional. i use 1/2 cup.
- 3 1/2
- cups of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- egg noodles:
- water to boil to cook noodles
- season water with 1 tablespoon salt,1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon white pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil
How to Make BEEF TIPS AND NOODLES
You will need a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, and a pot for boiling the noodles.
- 2Cook's Tip: If you can make this ahead, it tastes really good when the flavors have a chance to blend.
- 3SAUTE THE ONIONS:
Saute the onions in the large skillet in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium low heat until done, but not brown, Remove from the pan and set aside. While you are waiting on the onions to get done, prepare the meat.
- 4PREPARE THE MEAT:
Cut the meat into one-inch pieces, removing the fat and any gristle. Add the olive oil to the skillet, turn the heat to medium high and put the meat in it and fry until brown, about 15 minutes. While you are waiting on the meat to get done, mix up the spices.
- 5MIX THE SPICES:
In a small one-cup bowl, add the cornstarch, thyme, marjoram, and pepper and mix well.
- 6Add the spices to the browned meat, and stir gently until the meat is coated with the mixture. Stir in the broth and wine. Cover the skillet. Bring just to a boil and reduce the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until almost tender. Making sure the meat is just barely covered with the broth. Then add the cooked onions, stir, and add the fresh mushrooms, stir again. Cover once more and simmer until beef is done and sauce is thick. It sauce is not as thick as you would like it to be, add a tablespoon to a small dish with a little cold water, stir until smooth, and then add to the beef and stir.
- 7BOIL THE NOODLES:
Put on the water to boil for the noodles about 30 minutes before the meat is done. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon of white pepper, stir to mix and bring to a boil and cook the noodles to your liking. Drain the noodles well, and keep hot until served.
- 8SERVE THE BEEF TIPS AND NOODLES:
Ladle the noodles onto a dinner plate, and pile the beef tips in the center of the bed of hot noodles. Serve with a side dish of peas and carrots, and Enjoy!