★★★★★ 3 votes5
3 Tbspbutter, melted
2.25 lbfilet mignon, in 1" slices
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
1/2 cbeef stock
How to Make Beef Tenderloin with Marsala
- Heat 3 teaspoons butter and pancetta or bacon in a skillet large enough to hold meat in one layer.
- Saute' until golden brown.
- Add onion and saute' until golden.
- Remove pancetta or bacon and onion with a slotted spoon.
- Reserve bacon and discard onion.
- Put beef slices in same skillet and pan-broil until quite brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add melted butter, wine and stock and lower heat.
- Cook 2 more minutes on each side, turning once to coat slices with sauce.
- Remove meat, place on top of reserved bacon on serving platter, and keep warm.
- Boil sauce until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour over meat and serve.
- NOTE: May substitute 2 ounces of bacon for pancetta.