★★★★★ 1 vote5
4green bell peppers
1 lbground beef
1 smallonion, sliced
·"just a pinch" of pepper
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Beef-Stuffed Peppers with Cheese Sauce
- Split the peppers lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Parboil the peppers in a small amount of boiling salted water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the beef and onion, breaking up the meat with a fork, until the meat loses its red color.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture and arrange them in a shallow baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter and blend in the flour.
- Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Stir in the cheese and season to taste.
- Pour sauce over the peppers and bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 30 minutes.