★★★★★ 1 vote5
- green bell peppers
- 1 tsp
- 5 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 small
- onion, sliced
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- 1/4 c
- 2 c
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Beef-Stuffed Peppers with Cheese Sauce
- 1Split the peppers lengthwise and remove seeds.
- 2Parboil the peppers in a small amount of boiling salted water for about 5 minutes.
- 3Drain well.
- 4In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the beef and onion, breaking up the meat with a fork, until the meat loses its red color.
- 5Pour off excess fat.
- 6Add 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper.
- 7Fill the peppers with the mixture and arrange them in a shallow baking dish.
- 8Melt the remaining butter and blend in the flour.
- 9Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 10Stir in the cheese and season to taste.
- 11Pour sauce over the peppers and bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 30 minutes.
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment