Beef Stroganoff-Russian Style1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- beef sirloin, boneless cut into strips
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 3 oz
- mushrooms, sliced and drained
- chopped onion
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 10 oz
- beef broth
- 1 c
- sour cream
- buttered noodles
How to Make Beef Stroganoff-Russian Style
- 1Coat beef strips with 1 tablespoon flour and salt.
- 2Brown beef strips quickly in 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet.
- 3Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook until onion is crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Remove meat and mushrooms from pan.
- 5Add 2 tablespoons butter to pan drippings; blend in 3 tablespoons flour.
- 6Add tomato paste.
- 7Stir in broth.
- 8Stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- 9Return meat and mushrooms to skillet.
- 10Stir in sour cream; cook slowly until heated through.
- 11Do not boil.
- 12Serve over hot buttered noodles.