Beef Stew with Zucchini1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbboneless chuck or beef stew
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1medium green pepper, sliced
2 largecelery stalks cut in 2" pieces
2 smallzucchini or other squash cut in 1 1/2" cubes
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1medium onion, sliced
6medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
How to Make Beef Stew with Zucchini
- In a large skillet over medium heat, thoroughly brown the meat in the oil.
- Sprinkle half the salt and pepper over the meat.
- Lift the meat into a bowl.
- Saute the onion in the skillet until transparent and lift out into the crockpot.
- In the same skillet swirl the water, scraping up the juices, then turn the liquid into the crockpot.
- Add the marjoram, green pepper, bay leaf, celery, potatoes and zucchini.
- Sprinkle the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Place the meat on top and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Before serving, remove the meat and veggies to a platter and keep warm.
- Skim 2 tablespoons of fat from the top of the liquid and heat in a skillet.
- Stir the flour and heat rapidly to make a smooth sauce.
- Simmer until the sauce is as thick as whipped cream, then pour over the meat and veggies.