Beef Stew with Zucchini1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- boneless chuck or beef stew
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 large
- celery stalks cut in 2" pieces
- 2 small
- zucchini or other squash cut in 1 1/2" cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 Tbsp
- bay leaf
- medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
How to Make Beef Stew with Zucchini
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, thoroughly brown the meat in the oil.
- 2Sprinkle half the salt and pepper over the meat.
- 3Lift the meat into a bowl.
- 4Saute the onion in the skillet until transparent and lift out into the crockpot.
- 5In the same skillet swirl the water, scraping up the juices, then turn the liquid into the crockpot.
- 6Add the marjoram, green pepper, bay leaf, celery, potatoes and zucchini.
- 7Sprinkle the rest of the salt and pepper.
- 8Place the meat on top and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- 9Before serving, remove the meat and veggies to a platter and keep warm.
- 10Skim 2 tablespoons of fat from the top of the liquid and heat in a skillet.
- 11Stir the flour and heat rapidly to make a smooth sauce.
- 12Simmer until the sauce is as thick as whipped cream, then pour over the meat and veggies.