Beef Stew, President Ronald Reagan1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 largeonions, sliced
4 lbbeef stew meat
1 cburgundy wine
1 pkgartichoke hearts, frozen
2 pkgrefrigerated biscuits
1garlic clove, halved
2 tspdill weed
1 can(s)beef consomme
1 can(s)mushrooms, drained
·parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Beef Stew, President Ronald Reagan
- Heat oil.
- Saute garlic and onions and remove.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge meat and brown well.
- Return onion to pot.
- Add dill weed, wine and consomme.
- Cover tightly and simmer about 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Cook artichokes 1 minute less than package directions.
- Add to meat.
- Add mushrooms and mix gently.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Pour into 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Crown with biscuits (brush with butter and parmesan cheese).
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Note: I usually cook the stew in the pot, add canned artichokes (not marinated) with the mushrooms, simmer until the mushrooms are done, and serve with french bread. This eliminates the frozen artichokes, canned biscuits and baking.