Beef Stew, Meme-Style
Best served (in the Kear’s opinion) with a slice of buttered cornbread or with a hot, crispy piece of Fried Bread spread with butter & honey.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbstew meat, cubed
6stalks celery, sliced
1 mediumyellow onion, diced
3 lbpotatoes, russet, peeled & diced
1 lbcarrots, fresh, sliced
3 can(s)tomatoes, diced
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Beef Stew, Meme-Style
- Fill large pot ½ full of water and add stew meat. Cook at low boil for 30 minutes.
- Add celery & onions to meat and cook another 30 minutes or so, until meat is very tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, sugar, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on a very low boil for another 45 minutes to an hour, until flavors are well-blended.
- May add more sugar and spices, if needed, to your taste.
- OPTION: The last time I made this stew, I bought "shank" cuts of beef (with bone-in) instead of stew meat. Gave it a very rich, beefy broth base - just had to remove the meat and dice it up after it cooked, before I started adding other ingredients.