Beef Shreds with Green Pepper1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbflank steak
2green bell peppers
4 Tbsppeanut oil
1 tspsoy sauce, thin
1 tspchili paste with soybean
1/2 tspthin cornstarch paste
How to Make Beef Shreds with Green Pepper
- Remove membrane from flank steak.
- If it is a thick slab of meat, slice with grain into thin sheet about 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice across grain into matchsticks about 2 1/2 inch long.
- Halve and core bell pepper; scald pepper halves until color turns bright green; plunge in cold water to stop cooking process.
- Slice pepper thinly to match cooked meat.
- Peel and quarter garlic clove; add to peanut oil.
- Mix sauce ingredients.
- Stir-frying: Heat wok as hot as possible.
- Add garlic and 1/2 the oil; stir; remove garlic when it browns.
- Add salt to oil; stir.
- Add half of flank steak; toss and stir briskly to coat with oil and prevent scorching of meat.
- When meat begins to shrivel, remove to platter.
- Rinse wok; reheat; add rest of oil.
- Stir-fry remaining meat.
- Add peppers, sauce, other beef; toss briskly for about 1 minute until sauce evaporates.
- Arrange on serving platter around beef and peppers.