Beef Scallops With Fresh Tomato Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- beef top round steaks, 1 pound each, cut into 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 c
- salad oil
- 1 Tbsp
- 1.5 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Beef Scallops With Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 1About 45 minutes before serving: On cutting board with meat mallet or dull edge of French knife, pound each beef top round steak to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 2Cut steaks into about 6 x 3-inch pieces.
- 3In 3-quart saucepan over high heat, heat 3-inches water to boiling; add tomatoes.
- 4Cook 30 seconds.
- 5With slotted spoon, remove tomatoes to large bowl of cold water; remove from water and slip off skins.
- 6Cut out stem end.
- 7Chop 3 tomatoes; slice remaining 2 tomatoes.
- 8Set aside.
- 9In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat in hot salad oil cook steak, a few pieces at a time, until browned on both sides with pancake turner, removing pieces to warm platter as they brown.
- 10Keep steaks warm.
- 11Reduce heat to medium.
- 12To same skillet add chopped tomatoes, green onions, sugar, salt and basil.
- 13In cup with spoon, mix cornstarch and 1/2 cup water until smooth; gradually stir cornstarch mixture into tomato mixture and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils; cook 1 minute.
- 14Add sliced tomatoes; heat through.
- 15Gently spoon tomato mixture over and around steaks.
- 16Makes 8 servings