- 4 lb oblong-shaped rump roast (sirloin-tip roast)
- envelope (4 serving size) beef onion soup mix (lipton)
- 2 tsp
- celery stalks cut up
- 1/2 c
How to Make Beef Rump Roast Au Jus
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- 2Wipe roast surface with paper towel and season with soup mix by rubbing thoroughly on all sides; season with paprika on all sides. (For an especially flavorful roast, season and let stand covered in the refrigerator overnight).
- 3Place celery pieces on top of roast.
- 4Place roast fat side up in roasting pan and add water to cover bottom of pan. Cover with foil and cook for approximately 2 hours in preheated 325-degree oven.
- 5Then remove foil and let roast brown for 1/2 hour more. When roasted to desired doneness, slice and serve hot or cold. Makes six to eight servings.
Meat is well done when it reaches 170 degrees Fahrenheit internal temperature.