By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4sandwich or roll steaks, 6 ounces each
2 tspdijon mustard
1 largeonion, chopped
1/4 cvegetable oil
1.5 cbeef broth, hot
How to Make Beef Rolls
- Sandwich or roll steaks should weigh about 6 ounces each.
- Pickles and bacon should be cut into long thin strips.
- Lay steaks on a flat surface.
- Spread each with mustard; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Divide pickles, bacon and onion among the steaks equally.
- Roll up steaks jelly-roll fashion; secure with beef roll clamps, toothpicks or thread.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan, add the steak roll, and brown well on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in hot beef broth, peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove beef rolls, discard clamps and arrange on a preheated platter.
- Blend cornstarch with a small amount of cold water, stir into gravy and bring to a boil.
- Boil until gravy is thick and bubbly.
- Correct seasonings and serve separately.