By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- sandwich or roll steaks, 6 ounces each
- 2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 slice
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 1.5 c
- beef broth, hot
- bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Beef Rolls
- 1Sandwich or roll steaks should weigh about 6 ounces each.
- 2Pickles and bacon should be cut into long thin strips.
- 3Lay steaks on a flat surface.
- 4Spread each with mustard; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Divide pickles, bacon and onion among the steaks equally.
- 6Roll up steaks jelly-roll fashion; secure with beef roll clamps, toothpicks or thread.
- 7Heat oil in a heavy saucepan, add the steak roll, and brown well on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- 8Pour in hot beef broth, peppercorns and bay leaf.
- 9Cover and simmer for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- 10Remove beef rolls, discard clamps and arrange on a preheated platter.
- 11Blend cornstarch with a small amount of cold water, stir into gravy and bring to a boil.
- 12Boil until gravy is thick and bubbly.
- 13Correct seasonings and serve separately.