★★★★★ 2 votes5
6 slicesirloin tip roast, cut in wedges
1green bell pepper
3 slicebacon, uncooked
3 Tbspbacon fat
1/2 cmushrooms, drained
1 tspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Beef Roll Ups
- FOR THE BEEF:
- Coat meat well with mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- Cut each carrot into 3 pieces.
- Cut onion into 6 wedges and green pepper into 6 strips.
- Slice bacon strips into 3 pieces each.
- Place a piece of uncooked bacon, carrot, onion and green pepper on each piece of meat and roll up.
- Tuck under ends to keep vegetables inside the roll.
- Insert wooden picks through folded ends and through center of each roll.
- Melt fat in skillet.
- Slowly brown meat rolls on all sides.
- Place meat rolls in casserole.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- Melt butter.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat until it bubbles.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- Return to heat and cook rapidly, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Add mushrooms, parsley and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover casserole and bake at 350 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender when pierced with a fork.