Beef Roast with Bacon-Green Chili Gravy
4 slicebacon, cooked
3 lbbeef chuck roast
1/2 tspgarlic pepper
2 mediumcarrots, chopped
1 can(s)green chiles, mild chopped (4.5-oz)
1/4 cbeef broth, reduced sodium
1/4 cchili sauce
1 Tbspall purpose flour
How to Make Beef Roast with Bacon-Green Chili Gravy
- Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook until brown and crisp: remove to paper towel.
- Sprinkle roast with garlic pepper. Cook beef in bacon fat over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes turning until brown on both sides.
- Spray a 4 to 5 quart slow-cooker. Place beef in cooker. Top with bacon and carrots. Mix green chilies, broth, chili sauce, and flour in small bowl; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours.
- Place beef on platter. Stir gravy in cooker and serve with beef.