Beef Roast with Bacon-Green Chili Gravy
- 4 slice
- bacon, cooked
- 3 lb
- beef chuck roast
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic pepper
- 2 medium
- carrots, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- green chiles, mild chopped (4.5-oz)
- 1/4 c
- beef broth, reduced sodium
- 1/4 c
- chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
How to Make Beef Roast with Bacon-Green Chili Gravy
- 1Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook until brown and crisp: remove to paper towel.
- 2Sprinkle roast with garlic pepper. Cook beef in bacon fat over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes turning until brown on both sides.
- 3Spray a 4 to 5 quart slow-cooker. Place beef in cooker. Top with bacon and carrots. Mix green chilies, broth, chili sauce, and flour in small bowl; pour over beef.
- 4Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours.
- 5Place beef on platter. Stir gravy in cooker and serve with beef.