By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Beef/Rice Casserole
- Fill the peppers with the mixture and arrange them in a shallow baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter and blend in the flour.
- Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Stir in the cheese and season to taste.
- Pour sauce over the peppers and bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 30 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the onions and garlic.
- Saute' slowly until onions are just tender.
- Add the ground beef and brown.
- Cook onions and ground beef about 7 minutes.
- Drain off the fat.
- Return to medium heat.
- Separately mix the broccoli cheese soup and milk.
- Stir until creamy in texture.
- At this point test for taste.
- I usually add table grind black pepper and salt (less that 1/2 teaspoon).
- When the ground beef is ready, add the rice and broccoli, and soup mixture, tossing carefully.
- Put the mixture in to a 9 x 9, or 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Sometimes I top this with seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Bake about 35 minutes.