By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Beef/Rice Casserole
- 1Fill the peppers with the mixture and arrange them in a shallow baking dish.
- 2Melt the remaining butter and blend in the flour.
- 3Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring until thickened.
- 4Stir in the cheese and season to taste.
- 5Pour sauce over the peppers and bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 30 minutes.
- 6While the rice is cooking, chop the onions and garlic.
- 7Saute' slowly until onions are just tender.
- 8Add the ground beef and brown.
- 9Cook onions and ground beef about 7 minutes.
- 10Drain off the fat.
- 11Return to medium heat.
- 12Separately mix the broccoli cheese soup and milk.
- 13Stir until creamy in texture.
- 14At this point test for taste.
- 15I usually add table grind black pepper and salt (less that 1/2 teaspoon).
- 16When the ground beef is ready, add the rice and broccoli, and soup mixture, tossing carefully.
- 17Put the mixture in to a 9 x 9, or 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- 18Sometimes I top this with seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- 19Bake about 35 minutes.