Beef Rib Eye Roast with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbeye of round roast
3/4 tspsalt, divided
1/2 tsppepper, divided
1/2 conion, chopped
1/2 cdry red wine
13.75 ozbeef broth
4 ozmushrooms, drained
1 Tbspchopped parsley
How to Make Beef Rib Eye Roast with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
- About 1 1/2 hours before serving: sprinkle roast with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place boneless beef rib eye roast, fat side up, on rack in open roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer so bulb is centered in thickest part, but not resting in fat.
- Do not add water.
- Do not cover.
- Roast in 350 degree oven to desired degree of doneness.
- Allow 18 to 20 minutes for rare; 20 to 22 minutes for medium.
- About 15 minutes before serving, remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 degrees for rare; 155 degrees for medium.
- Tent with aluminum foil; allow roast to "stand" 15 minutes in warm place before carving.
- Roast should continue to rise about 5 degrees in temperature to 140 degrees for rare, 160 degrees for medium.
- While roast is standing, remove rack from roasting pan; skim fat.
- Add onions to pan drippings; place roasting pan over medium high heat on top of range.
- Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine; bring to boil; cook about 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining salt and pepper.
- Gradually add beef broth to cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly; add to wine mixture in roasting pan.
- Continue cooking.
- Stir in mushrooms and parsley.
- Pour into serving container.
- Carve rib eye roast into thin slices.
- Serve with red wine and mushroom sauce.