Beef Rib Eye Roast with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 lb
- eye of round roast
- 3/4 tsp
- salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- pepper, divided
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp
- 13.75 oz
- beef broth
- 4 oz
- mushrooms, drained
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
How to Make Beef Rib Eye Roast with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
- 1About 1 1/2 hours before serving: sprinkle roast with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Place boneless beef rib eye roast, fat side up, on rack in open roasting pan.
- 3Insert meat thermometer so bulb is centered in thickest part, but not resting in fat.
- 4Do not add water.
- 5Do not cover.
- 6Roast in 350 degree oven to desired degree of doneness.
- 7Allow 18 to 20 minutes for rare; 20 to 22 minutes for medium.
- 8About 15 minutes before serving, remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 degrees for rare; 155 degrees for medium.
- 9Tent with aluminum foil; allow roast to "stand" 15 minutes in warm place before carving.
- 10Roast should continue to rise about 5 degrees in temperature to 140 degrees for rare, 160 degrees for medium.
- 11While roast is standing, remove rack from roasting pan; skim fat.
- 12Add onions to pan drippings; place roasting pan over medium high heat on top of range.
- 13Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 14Add wine; bring to boil; cook about 3 minutes or until thickened.
- 15Combine cornstarch and remaining salt and pepper.
- 16Gradually add beef broth to cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly; add to wine mixture in roasting pan.
- 17Continue cooking.
- 18Stir in mushrooms and parsley.
- 19Pour into serving container.
- 20Carve rib eye roast into thin slices.
- 21Serve with red wine and mushroom sauce.