Beef Potpie -Individual size
I had to make one, so I purchased ingredients. These are my results.
1 pkgpie crust, store-bought and refrigerated is fine
1 jar(s)savory beef gravy
2 mediumpeeled and diced potatoes, steamed
4 mediumpeeled and sliced or chopped carrots, steamed
1/4 lbsliced stir-fry beef, cut into bite-size pieces, and quickly cooked
How to Make Beef Potpie -Individual size
- Use two six-inch pie pans, or individual baking dishes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Note: Use top and bottom crust for each pie. If using individual baking dishes, you can use just a top-crust for each.
- Remove pie crust from package and let sit fifteen minutes to come to room temperature or easily handled without breaking. Lay it out on a floured surface, and cut 4 circles bigger than the pie pan diameter (two for each) If making top crusts only, make each a bit larger than the baking dish diameter, and crimp around the inside of the dish.
- Meanwhile peel and chop potatoes and carrots, and steam for about fifteen minutes. This can be done earlier in the day or the day before using.
Divide the two vegetables evenly in the baking containers of choice, I made three pies the first time, but you can make more if you choose, just increase amounts of vegetables and beef.
- I quickly stir-fried the beef, just a little in a small amount of oil. Divide it evenly into each pie pan or baking dish where you've already placed the vegetables.
To the meat and vegetables, spoon about 2 Tbs. gravy into each.
- Top each pie pan or baking dish with a second cut-out pastry round, and press around the edge inside the container to seal tightly. Cut slits in the top of each to vent the pies as they bake.
Put in the oven on the center rack to bake, time about 40 minutes. *Place them on a baking pan with sides, to make it easier to remove from the oven if using individual baking dishes.