Beef-Pot Roast Tex-Mex Style1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4-5 lbbeef bottom roast, boneless trimmed
2 Tbsplime or lemon juice
1 Tbspprepared mustard
2minced garlic cloves
6 ozspicy tomato juice
1/2 can(s)chili sauce
1-2jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbspfresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
2 tspcumin seeds
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Beef-Pot Roast Tex-Mex Style
- Put meat in shallow plastic dish just large enough to hold it.
- Combine worcestershire, lime or lemon juice, mustard and garlic.
- Spread mixture over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Roast meat in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat.
- Cover and roast 3 to 4 hours more at 275 degrees until meat is very tender.
- Baste occasionally with pan juices. (Thin with a little boiling water if necessary.)
- Slice thinly to serve.
- Makes about 6 to 8 servings.