☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 lbeye of round roast
2 Tbspcooking fat
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 conion, chopped
1/2 cgreen pepper, diced
1/4 csoy sauce
1/4 cdry sherry
1 tspginger, finely grated
4 ozmushrooms, sliced and drained
How to Make Beef Pot Roast, Oriental Style
- In a dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting lid, brown meat in fat.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Pour off fat drippings.
- Add onion, green pepper, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, water and mushrooms; mix well.
- Return meat to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until done. (Or cook in a 325 degree oven for same amount of time).
- Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout.
- When done, remove meat and keep warm.
- For 2 cups of gravy, pour liquid from pan into a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Let stand for 1 minute to allow fat to come to top.
- Discard all but 4 tablespoons (or less) of fat.
- Add enough water (or other liquid) to measure 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
- Return to pan.
- In same cup, measure 1/2 cup cold water and blend in flour.
- Add mixture slowly to liquid in pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Taste gravy and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- Slice meat; serve with sauce over hot rice.