Beef Liver and Onions
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Liver and Onions
I've had this recipe for probably 40 years. I don't remember where I got it, but most folks who like liver really love it. There have been a couple of occasions where it converted a couple of 'haters' too. lol.
How to Make Beef Liver and Onions
- Coat liver with flour; set aside.
- Brown bacon; drain on paper towels.
- Brown onions in bacon drippings.
- Brown liver quickly in same skillet, about 1 minute on each side. Drain fat.
- Combine broth, water, liver, pepper and tarragon.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes until liver is fork tender.
- Uncover; top with bacon.
- Simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes until sauce is consistency of gravy.