- beef heart( check local butcher or farmers markets)
- 1 large
- whole fresh carrots
- potatoes (about 1 per person)
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 clove
- 1-2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 12-15 oz
- tomato sauce
- 12-15 oz
- water to cover
How to Make Beef heart with garden vegies
- 1Check the heart to be sure it has been rinsed completely. I cut it in half so I can be sure there is no remaining blood pools. Trim excess fat from the outside and remove as much of the large veins as you can since they tend to be tough. This is the labor intensive part.
- 2wash and clean the vegies. Peel them if you wish. Cut all vegies into chunks like you would for a beef stew. place heart into the pot, surround it with the vegies. I like to cut slits in the meat for the garlic cloves.
- 3Add the tomato sauce ( or paste if you prefer), and water to cover. add in the seasonings.
Cover and set your crockpot to high. I start mine in the morning around 9-10AM and figure on serving the meal that evening.
- 4If you like your vegetables less soft, hold some of them for later. I like them soft and cooked all day to integrate all the flavors.
You can use other types of beef with this recipe too.