Beef Enchilada Casserole
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- diced onion
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- corn tortillas ( cut into bite size slices)
- 2 can(s)
- 28 - 29 oz. laspalmas green enchilada sauce
- 1 lb
- mexican blend shredded cheese
How to Make Beef Enchilada Casserole
- 1Brown ground beef with onion, garlic and salt. Drain any fat off. I use 93% lean ground beef and get very little fat.
- 2Pour a little of the enchilada sauce into a 9" X 13" pan. I use the medium sauce which really doesn't have much "bite" but has a little more flavor than the mild. Layer 1/2 the cut tortillas over the sauce. Next add 1/2 of the ground beef mixture and then 1/2 of the enchilada sauce and top with the shredded cheese. Repeat the layers. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Take the foil off and bake an additional 15 minutes until the casserole is bubbly.