Beef Chow Mein1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 lbround steak
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2 lbbean sprouts
2 cbeef stock
1 tspsesame oil
2 cegg noodles
6 ozbamboo shoots, canned
How to Make Beef Chow Mein
- Slice beef about 1 inch long 1/2 inch wide and as thin as possible.
- Mix the salt, sugar and soy sauce together and mix well, then add the beef and marinate for at least one hour, longer for more flavor.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms, including stems.
- Slice the bamboo into thin strips; slice the scallions into 1 inch pieces; soak, rinse and drain the bean sprouts.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and beef stock together.
- Drain the beef reserving the marinade.
- Heat the sesame oil and stir fry the beef for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and remaining marinade, bring to a boil stirring constantly; add the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- Deep fry as needed draining on absorbent paper.
- Beat the egg adding 1 tablespoon water and pour onto lightly oiled skillet.
- Make a small thin omelet and slice into thin strips.
- Place cooked noodles on hot dish, top with beef mixture and garnish with the strips of omelet.