Beef, Cauliflower, and Snow Peas1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- 2 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 lb
- snow peas
- cauliflower head, broken up
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- flank steak, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce
How to Make Beef, Cauliflower, and Snow Peas
- 1Cut steak into 2-inch strips; mix cornstarch and soy sauce and set aside.
- 2Heat chicken broth and set aside.
- 3Heat oil in heavy skillet or wok until very hot.
- 4Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add beef and saute quickly, keeping it moving, just until it loses color, about 30 seconds.
- 6Add onion, salt and pepper to taste, stirring constantly for another half minute or so.
- 7Add chicken broth, bring quickly to the boil, then add cauliflower pieces, a few at a time.
- 8Cook 3 minutes, then add snow peas, stirring constantly, for another few minutes.
- 9After 7 minutes maximum, cauliflower should be tender and pea pods a bright green.
- 10Add soy sauce mixture, mix thoroughly, and stir until thickened.
- 11Turn into heavy serving dish and serve immediately.