Blue Ribbon Recipe
There are many good burrito recipes, but this one is great. I was pleasantly surprised by how much the addition of vegetables added to the great taste of this dish. I was unable to find hot enchilada sauce when I was shopping for this meal, so I used mild instead. We enjoyed the burritos, but I would recommend kicking-up the mild sauce with jalapenos or your choice of hot Mexican seasonings. For the perfect finish to this meal, add tortilla chips and guacamole dip! The Test Kitchen
1 lbground beef
1/4 cgreen onions
1/4 cgreen bell pepper
1 lbrefried beans
3jalapeno peppers, chopped
8 ozmushrooms, drained
1 pkgflour tortillas
16 ozhot enchilada sauce
2 ccheddar cheese, grated
4 ozjalapeno salsa
How to Make Beef Burritos
- Chop onions, pepper and celery.
- Brown beef, onions, green pepper and celery.
- Drain well and mix with beans, peppers, mushrooms and ketchup.
- Set aside for cooling.
- Heat tortillas in microwave until just warm. Spoon a small amount of beef mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll it up place in dish seam side down. Spoon additional mixture and enchilada sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in a preheated 350 0ven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with jalapeno salsa.