★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- stew beef
- onions, yellow, medium
- 2 slice
- 2 can(s)
- mushrooms, pieces and stems
- 3 c
- good red wine or cooking wine
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 box
- one bag egg noodles
- 2 c
- water or beef stock
How to Make Beef Burgundy
- 1Cut stew meat into bite size pieces. Pour flour into a freezer storage bag. Add salt and pepper to taste to the flour. Dump meat into bag and shake to coat. Use a good heavy stew pot. Chop onion and add to botton of pot. But bacon in pot and cook until crispy. Remove bacon and disgard.
- 2Add stew beef to the bacon grease in the pot. Let beef cook (stiring occassionally) until browned on all sides.
- 3Scrape bottom of pot with a wooden spoon to loosen up cooked onion and meat bits.
- 4Once beef is nicely browned, add 2 cups water. Let cook about a half hour.
- 5Add wine to pot and allow mixture to simmer for at least one hour to soften up the beef. You can add more wine and more water if it starts to reduce too much (You can use beef stock also but you don't want to over power the wine flavor)
- 620 mins. prior to serving add Mushrooms to pot and continue to simmer on low heat.
- 7Serve with buttered egg noodles or white rice (my family like the noodles better) with a vegetable on the side. Enjoy!