Beef, Brown Rice and Feta Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 ccooked brown rice
1.5 ccooked beef chunks
3 ozfeta cheese crumbles
6black olives, pitted and drained
2 Tbspparmesan cheese
1.5 can(s)canned tomatoes
1minced garlic clove
·freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Beef, Brown Rice and Feta Casserole
- Put the dried mushrooms in 1/2 cup hot water and let stand 20 minutes.
- Saute the onion in the oil slowly for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes and garlic, and let cook gently uncovered about 10 minutes.
- Pepper to taste, then add the dried mushrooms, cut in quarters if large, with any tough stems removed, and the mushroom soaking liquid.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the bottom of 1 1/2 quart casserole with 1 cup of the rice, add the cooked beef, and strew over the top the feta cheese, the olives, and half the sauce.
- Add the remaining rice and the rest of the sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan and bake 20 minutes.