Beef, Brown Rice and Feta Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- dried mushrooms
- 2 c
- cooked brown rice
- 1.5 c
- cooked beef chunks
- 3 oz
- feta cheese crumbles
- black olives, pitted and drained
- 2 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp
- 1.5 can(s)
- canned tomatoes
- minced garlic clove
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Beef, Brown Rice and Feta Casserole
- 1Put the dried mushrooms in 1/2 cup hot water and let stand 20 minutes.
- 2Saute the onion in the oil slowly for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes and garlic, and let cook gently uncovered about 10 minutes.
- 3Pepper to taste, then add the dried mushrooms, cut in quarters if large, with any tough stems removed, and the mushroom soaking liquid.
- 4Cook another 5 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 6Line the bottom of 1 1/2 quart casserole with 1 cup of the rice, add the cooked beef, and strew over the top the feta cheese, the olives, and half the sauce.
- 7Add the remaining rice and the rest of the sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan and bake 20 minutes.