Beef & Broccoli
Now-a-days the ingredients are readily available in the grocery store.
Serve over steamed rice.
- 1/2-1 Tbsp
- garlic-minced (less if you don't like garlic)
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce, dark
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- sesame oil
- 1 tsp
- non-stick spray or 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 lb
- lean top sirloin -roast or steak sliced across the grain thinly
- 16 oz
- broccoli florets-cooked for 2 minutes (i use steamable bags)
- 1/2 small
- yellow onion cut in half and then thinly sliced
- 1/3 c
- oyster sauce
- 3/4 c
- chicken broth(i use fat free, lower sodium)
- 1 Tbsp
MARINADE FOR BEEF
MEAT AND VEG
How to Make Beef & Broccoli
- 1PREPARE MEAT:
Sprinkle meat with cornstarch, stir to mix into the meat.
Add the dark soy, sugar and sesame oil, stirring to combine.
Set aside and marinate for 15-30 minutes while preparing the dish.
- 3Cook the broccoli for 2 minutes. Allow to cool while proceeding with the recipe.
- 4Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat, spray with non stick spray or use cooking oil. Cook onions until translucent.
- 7Add par cooked broccoli and stir gently. continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.