1 cdry red wine or beef broth
1 pkg(from a 1.8 oz box) mushroom-onion soup
12 1/2-pound thin-cut beef brisket, trimmed of fat
12 smallred potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), well-scrubbed
9 mediumcarrots (1 1/2 pounds), cut in 2-inch chunks
How to Make Beef Brisket
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour wine into a 4-5 quart dutch oven. Stir in soup mix until blended.
- Add beef and turn to coat. Cover and bake 2 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Cover and bake 1 hour longer until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Cut in thin slices against the grain. Arrange on serving platter with vegetables. Spoon some gravy over meat. Serve with remaining gravy.