Beef & Bean Burritos
1 lbground beef, browned & drained
1 pkgmc cormick burrito seasoning
15 ozrefried beans (w/jalapenos, if you like spicy)
1 lbmonterrey jack (or pepper jack) cheese
8extra large tortillas
How to Make Beef & Bean Burritos
- Cut cheese into 1-inch wide slices (or shred, if you prefer). Place a strip of cheese just under the centerline of the tortilla. Top with 1/3 - 1/2 cup of the beef mixture. (I add another layer of cheese on top of the beef because my family REALLY loves cheese.)
- Roll up burrito style: Bring the bottom edge up over the filling,
bring in both sides, keeping filling tucked in, &
finish rolling up to top edge.
- Place seam-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet, if you are ready to cook them, OR
Place on individual sheets of foil, if you are preparing to freeze them.
To freeze, wrap burritos in foil and place in a freezer bag.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, until filling is warmed through and tortilla is beginning to crisp.
Frozen burritos can be warmed in the microwave for about 2 minutes. (Be sure you allow burritos to sit in the microwave an extra minute or two to allow heat to warm it all the way through.) They can also be thawed and baked as above.
- If desired, garnish with sour cream, chopped tomato, diced avocado, and/or picante sauce.