Beef Baked In a Barrel1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbground chuck
3garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbspcooking fat
1 tspground ginger
1/2 tspseasoned salt
1/2 ccoffee brandy
1 cfresh pineapple, diced
1 cmandarin oranges
1/4 cmandarin liqueur
3 ccooked rice
How to Make Beef Baked In a Barrel
- Cut tops from pineapples.
- With a sharp knife, hollow out fruit, leaving about 3/4 inch pineapple on sides and bottom. (Be careful not to cut through outside shells.)
- Dice 1 cup pineapple. (Use remainder for salad or dessert.)
- Cook onions and garlic in cooking fat in large frying-pan 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground beef, salt, ginger, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until ground beef begins to brown.
- Warm brandy in small pan over low heat, ignite and pour over beef mixture, lifting pan from heat and shaking until flame dies.
- Continue cooking for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add 1 cup diced pineapple, orange segments and mandarin liqueur, stirring
carefully to mix.
- Fill pineapple shells (barrels) with beef and fruit mixture.
- Place filled fruit upright in foil lined pan.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove stems from mushrooms, slightly hollowing out caps.
- Cook caps in butter in small frying-pan about 3 minutes.
- Curl up each pimiento strip and place in mushroom cap.
- To serve, set both "barrels" on warm platter, spoon beef mixture over rice on individual dinner plates and garnish each serving with 3 stuffed mushroom caps.