Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbtop round steak
1 1/2 cbroccoli, cut into 1 inch pieces
3carrots, diagonally sliced
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbspdry sherry
2 Tbsppeanut oil
1onion, cut into thin wedges
1/2 cwater chestnuts, drained and sliced
1/2 cbamboo shoots, halved lengthwise
How to Make Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Partially freeze the beef to make it easier to handle and cut.
- Slice very thinly across the grain into bite size strips.
- Cook the broccoli and carrots, covered, in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Mix the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the soy sauce and the sherry.
- Set aside.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add oil.
- Stir fry the broccoli, carrots and onion until tender crisp (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from the wok.
- Replenish the oil as necessary.
- Add half the beef to the HOT oil.
- Stir fry until browned (2-3 minutes).
- Repeat with the remaining beef.
- Return all the meat to the wok.
- Add the peas, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
- Stir the soy mixture into the wok.
- Cook, stirring steadily, until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook, stirring steadily, another minute or two.
- Return the broccoli, carrots and onion to the wok and cover.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.