Beef and Vegetable Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 1/2 lbbeef chuck, boneless and cut in 1
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1medium leek, bias cut 1 inch
1/2 cbeef stock
1 can(s)tomato sauce, 8 ounces
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 tspdried basil
3medium carrots, bias cut 1/2 inch
2celery ribs, bias cut 1 inch
1 ctiny frozen peas, thawed
·salt & pepper
How to Make Beef and Vegetable Stew
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- Add the meat and cook uncovered, turning, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the leek, beef stock, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce and basil.
- Cover and bring to high pressure.
- Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook 10 minutes.
- Release pressure by running cold water over the cover.
- Add the carrots and celery.
- Cover and return pressure cooker to high pressure.
- Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Release pressure and add the peas.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve