Beef and Mushrooms Dijon
1 lbboneless beef sirloin or top round steak, 3/4
2 tspcanola oil
2 csliced mushrooms
1 mediumonion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, low fat, low sodium
2 Tbspdijon mustard
4 ccooked, hot rice or boiled noodles
How to Make Beef and Mushrooms Dijon
- TIP: to make slicing easier, place beef in freezer for one hour. If already frozen, slice it before it is completely thawed.
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high, heat 1 TBSP butter and 1 tsp. of the oil. Add beef in small batches and cook until browned, stirring often. Remove cooked batches of beef with a slotted spoon, keeping oils in the pan. Set beef aside and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining butter and oil. Add mushrooms and onion, and cook until tender, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add soup, water and dijon mustard. Heat to a slight simmer. Return beef to pan, juices and all, and heat through; let simmer while preparing rice or egg noodles.
- Serve over rice or noodles, with a side of broccoli or asparagus!