Beef and Mushrooms Dijon
- 1 lb
- boneless beef sirloin or top round steak, 3/4
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- canola oil
- 2 c
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, low fat, low sodium
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 4 c
- cooked, hot rice or boiled noodles
How to Make Beef and Mushrooms Dijon
- 1TIP: to make slicing easier, place beef in freezer for one hour. If already frozen, slice it before it is completely thawed.
- 2Slice beef into very thin strips.
- 3In a medium skillet, over medium-high, heat 1 TBSP butter and 1 tsp. of the oil. Add beef in small batches and cook until browned, stirring often. Remove cooked batches of beef with a slotted spoon, keeping oils in the pan. Set beef aside and cover to keep warm.
- 4Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining butter and oil. Add mushrooms and onion, and cook until tender, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- 5Add soup, water and dijon mustard. Heat to a slight simmer. Return beef to pan, juices and all, and heat through; let simmer while preparing rice or egg noodles.
- 6Serve over rice or noodles, with a side of broccoli or asparagus!