Beef and Guinness Short Ribs
3 Tbspolive oil
4 lbboneless beef short ribs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 largeyellow onion, diced
3 clovegarlic, minced
2 largecarrots, diced
2 largecelery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 clow-soium beef stock, divided
1 ptguiness stout beer
How to Make Beef and Guinness Short Ribs
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or stock pot set over medium-high heat. Season ribs with salt and pepper and sear in Dutch oven until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove ribs from pot and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the same pot and saute until browned. Scrape any browned bits from bottom of pot using a wooden spoon. Add carrots and celery to the pot and cook for 5 more minutes. Add 1 cup of the beef stock and scrape bottom of pot to remove remaining browned bits.
- Return ribs to the pot, and add remaining 1 cup of stock and the beer. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Cover pot and braise in preheated oven for 2 hours.