Beef and Guinness Short Ribs
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 lb
- boneless beef short ribs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large
- yellow onion, diced
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 large
- carrots, diced
- 2 large
- celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 c
- low-soium beef stock, divided
- 1 pt
- guiness stout beer
How to Make Beef and Guinness Short Ribs
- 1Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or stock pot set over medium-high heat. Season ribs with salt and pepper and sear in Dutch oven until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove ribs from pot and set aside.
- 3Add onion and garlic to the same pot and saute until browned. Scrape any browned bits from bottom of pot using a wooden spoon. Add carrots and celery to the pot and cook for 5 more minutes. Add 1 cup of the beef stock and scrape bottom of pot to remove remaining browned bits.
- 4Return ribs to the pot, and add remaining 1 cup of stock and the beer. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 5Cover pot and braise in preheated oven for 2 hours.