Beef And Fruit Kabobs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 1/2 lb
- sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 c
- plain yogurt
- 2 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp
- curry powder
- 1/4 tsp
- ground red pepper
- mango, peeled and diced
How to Make Beef And Fruit Kabobs
- 1Partially freeze beef to firm; slice into 1/8" thick strips.
- 2Combine yogurt, lemon juice, curry and red pepper.
- 3Place beef strips and marinade in plastic bag, turning to coat.
- 4Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 5Meanwhile, soak 12" bamboo skewers in water.
- 6Peel mango and cut into 3/4" pieces.
- 7Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- 8Thread equal amounts of beef strips (weaving back and forth) and mango pieces on each skewer.
- 9Place kabobs on grid over medium coals.
- 10Grill 4-5 minutes, turning once.
- 11Season with salt to taste.
- 12NOTE: Peaches, nectarines, plums or pineapple may be substituted for mango. Peel and cut fruit into 3/4" pieces. If doubling the recipe, try using different fruits.