Beef and Cabbage Casserole
- head of cabbage
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium
- white onion, sliced into thin rings
- potatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- tabasco sauce to taste
- 1 can(s)
- tomato soup
How to Make Beef and Cabbage Casserole
- 1Core then quarter and slice cabbage. Boil in salted water for 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, brown ground beef and drain fat. Pour cream of mushroom soup into ground beef and stir until well mixed.
- 2Place boiled cabbage into a rectangular baking dish. Place onion slices in a single layer over cabbage; place sliced potatoes in a single layer over onions. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper, and add Tabasco sauce to taste.
- 3Pour ground beef mixture into baking dish and spread evenly. Cover with foil and place in a preheated oven (350 degrees). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove foil from dish and spread the tomato soup evenly over the casserole. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes more. Allow to cool 10 to 12 minutes before serving.