★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbbeef sirloin steak, boneless
1 ptfresh mushrooms
1 can(s)water chestnuts
1 tspchinese five spice powder
1 Tbspbeef boullion or instant beef broth
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1 Tbsppeanut oil
·cooked rice, chowmien noodles, or cooked lomien noodles, or cooked spaghetti
How to Make Beef and Brocolli stir-fry
- Trim fat from beef and slice into 2 inch strips
- Coat beef with 1 tablespoon of Soy sauce and let set 30 minutes while prepping vegetables
- Peel onion and cut in thin wedges.
- Trim bottom 3 inches or so of solid stem off of broccoli. Cut apart broccoli head into 2 inch strips.
- Wash and slice mushrooms.
- Heat peanut oil in Wok or heavy skillet, add chopped garlic, and Chinese 5 spice.
- Add beef and stir-fry.
- When beef is done move to edges of pan and add vegetables, onion, mushrooms, and broccoli and stir fry until tender.
- Place cornstarch in a 2 cup measuring cup, add 2 cups COLD water, stir well until cornstarch is dissolved, add to this beef bullion,and remaining soy sauce.
- Slowly add liquid mixture to vegetables and meat. Bring to a simmer and cook stirring gently until sauce forms and thickens.
- Serve over rice, chow-mien noodles, or soft lo-mien noodles.