Beef and Biscuit Casserole
- 1to 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 c
- chopped onions or 2 tablespoons of instant onions
- 1/4 c
- green chiles or green peppers
- 1 c
- tomato sauce
- 2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1 can(s)
- buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded jack or cheddar cheese or both
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- egg slightly beaten
How to Make Beef and Biscuit Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown beef, onion and pepper in large frying pan. Drain stir in tomato sauce , chili powder and garlic salt. Simmer.
- 2Separate biscuit dough (10) pull each apart in to 2 layers. Press biscuit layers over bottom of ungreased 8 x 8 square baking dish.
- 3Combine 1/2 cup of cheese (reserve the remaining cheese for topping), sour cream and eggs mixing well. Remove from meat from heat, stir in sour cream mix. Spoon over dough, arrange remaining biscuits layering on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 4Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.