Beef And Barley Dinner1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground beef
1/2 cgreen bell pepper, diced
1/2 conion, finely chopped
1garlic clove, minced
16 ozcanned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
6 oztomato paste
3/4 cmedium barley
How to Make Beef And Barley Dinner
- In a 4-quart saucepan or dutch oven, brown ground beef.
- Add green pepper, onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is tender; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Simmer 45 to 50 minutes or until barley is tender, stirring occasionally.
- NOTE: To use quick barley, substitute 1 cup quick barley for medium barley. Prepare recipe as directed above except simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until barley is tender, stirring occasionally.