Blue Ribbon Recipe
These turnovers look as good as they taste! Add some fries or onion rings and you have a great treat for the kids. Both of my kids are picky eaters and they wanted more of these when dinner was over! The Test Kitchen
- 1 1/4 c
- bbq sauce (little less or more to your taste)
- 2 lb
- hamburger meat
- chopped onion (I used half of one)
- 3 can(s)
- 1 pkg.
- sandwich Velveeta cheese slices cut in fours for each slice
- 4-5 Tbsp
- brown sugar to your taste
- flour to roll biscuits out on
How to Make BBQ TURNOVERS
- 1Brown ground beef and onions together and drain. Add bbq sauce, brown sugar to beef mixture and stir really well.
- 2While meat is cooking take biscuits and a little flour and roll out biscuits to form circles (not to thin) and then put a tbsp. of beef on them and then a little square of Velveeta slice. Fold biscuit over to make turnover then take fork dipped in water and go along the edges to close and lay on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.
- 3Cook in 325 oven that has been preheated for 12-15 mins. until a light golden brown!! This made 30 turnovers, with some left to make sandwich for my son!!! They are even better next day heated in microwave!!!