Irisa Raina 9
Cooking time may vary depending on if you use a charcoal grille, gas grille or use your oven. If you use an oven I would bake it at 325 and check it at 30 minute increments.
If you think the BBQ sauce has not cooked down enough, put it in a pot and cook it down!
This will work with any type of smoked sausage, and by letting the sausage soak in the sauce before cooking it, all the BBQ sauce goodness soaks into the meat!
And if you have any of the sauce left, save it for another use.
This is an amazing dish served with coleslaw, and baked beans!
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 ~ 14/16 ounce package of smoked sausage
- 1 ~ large poblano pepper divided in ½
- 2 cups of your favorite bbq sauce “ or home made “
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce “optional “
- small baking dish.
How to Make BBQ~ed kielbasa
- 6Add 1 tablespoon of water, and hot sauce to the bottle of BBQ sauce and swish it around to get all the sauce out. Pour it over the kielbasa.
- 7I know this looks like a lot of BBQ sauce, but you’ll see that when it’s done, it will have cooked down.
- 8Cover with foil or slide it in a large zip baggie and refrigerate for several hours.
- 9When it’s time to cook the kielbasa, if you have used a plastic baggie remove it and cover tightly with foil. It is important that the foil is tightly sealed so the kielbasa will bake, and so that not too much of the sauce will cook out to soon.
- 10Put it on your grill “ using the indirect “ cooking method for about 1 to 1~ ½ hours. Turning the pan a couple of times.
- 11After that time remove the foil and take the sausage out leaving as much of the sauce on the kielbasa that you can.
- 12Place it over the hot side of the grille and let it get crispy on one side. Serve with the remaining sauce, onions and peppers.
- 13If you do this in an oven, to brown the kielbasa remove the foil, take most of the sauce out and let it brown.