SLOPPY JOES (SALLYE)
Easy recipe and filling.
1 lblean ground beef
2 Tbspdried minced onions
1 tspgarlic powder
·squirt of lemon juice
1 Tbspprepared mustard
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
·salt & pepper to taste
·grated mexican blend cheese (or other kind)
How to Make SLOPPY JOES (SALLYE)
- ***NOTE: If you don't have chili mix, use the following spice mix: 1 tablespoons chili powder, 2 teaspoon cumin, 2 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon oregano
- Crumble ground beef into heavy skillet and cook on medium high heat, stirring frequently until brown.
Drain any grease off and return meat in skillet to burner
- Add all other ingredients except buns and cheese
Turn heat to medium low and cook, stirring frequently, for approximately 20 minutes.
Add more water 1/2 cup at a time if necessary while cooking.
- About 3-5 minutes before meat is ready, place buns under broiler and toast.
Remove from oven and place on serving plates.
- Spoon meat mixture over bun, sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
- Serve with chips or home fries.
You can also place a couple of pickled jalapeno sliced peppers on top with cheese.