Basic Swedish Meatballs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Basic Swedish Meatballs
- 1Heat milk, do not boil.
- 2In separate bowl combine beef, onion and spices.
- 3Add flour slowly blending thoroughly.
- 4Gradually mix in milk.
- 5Add eggs and beat until mixture is light and puffy, about 5 minutes.
- 6Cover and refrigerate 1/2 hour.
- 7Then roll beef into 1-inch balls.
- 8Brown meatballs under broiler.
- 9Remove and set aside.
- 10Add flour to broiler beef drippings and stir until smooth.
- 11Gradually stir in beef stock and sherry; bring to boil.
- 12Season with salt and pepper.
- 13Simmer 5 minutes.
- 14Add meatballs to sauce.
- 15Simmer gently covered for 15 minutes.
- 16Place in serving dish.