Basic Swedish Meatballs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Basic Swedish Meatballs
- Heat milk, do not boil.
- In separate bowl combine beef, onion and spices.
- Add flour slowly blending thoroughly.
- Gradually mix in milk.
- Add eggs and beat until mixture is light and puffy, about 5 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate 1/2 hour.
- Then roll beef into 1-inch balls.
- Brown meatballs under broiler.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add flour to broiler beef drippings and stir until smooth.
- Gradually stir in beef stock and sherry; bring to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce.
- Simmer gently covered for 15 minutes.
- Place in serving dish.