★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
1/4 conion, finely chopped
1/3 cdry bread crumbs
1 tspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Basic Meatballs
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- (For ease in shaping the meatball, occasionally wet your hands with cold water.)
- TO COOK IN A SKILLET: Heat 1 tablespoon salad oil in a large skillet, cook the meatballs over medium heat until brown, about 20 minutes.
- Drain off excess fat.
- TO COOK IN THE OVEN: Place the meatballs in a lightly greased baking pan 13 X 9 X 2 or 15 1/2 X 9 1/2 X 1-inch.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree oven until light brown, about 20 minutes.
- Drain off the excess fat.