How to Make Basic Meat Loaf
- 1*You can substitute 1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs or 1/2 cup of wheat ** You can also use chili sauce or barbecue sauce as a topping instead of ketchup.
- 2Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Mix all the ingredients except the ketchup together.
- 4Spread the meat mixture into an ungreased loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3-inches or shape into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan.
- 5Spoon ketchup onto the loaf and bake, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until done.
- 6Drain off the excess fat and serve sliced on a heated platter.