How to Make Basic Meat Loaf
- *You can substitute 1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs or 1/2 cup of wheat ** You can also use chili sauce or barbecue sauce as a topping instead of ketchup.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients except the ketchup together.
- Spread the meat mixture into an ungreased loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3-inches or shape into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan.
- Spoon ketchup onto the loaf and bake, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until done.
- Drain off the excess fat and serve sliced on a heated platter.