☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspcoarse kosher salt
1 tsphungarian sweet paprika
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspcoarsely ground black pepper
1 tspdried ground thyme
1 tspfinely ground coffee beans
4bone-in beef rib steaks (1 1/2-in thick, 12 to 16 oz each)
·instant-light mesquite chunks
How to Make Barbecued Cowboy Steaks
- Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl.
- Sprinkle spice rub over both sides of steaks, pressing to adhere. Let steaks stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Spread entire bag of instant-light mesquite chunks over 2/3 of bottom rack and prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Grill steaks over mesquite until brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove steaks from grill.
- Let mesquite chunks burn until ash is gray.
- Drain wood chips; scatter over mesquite.
- Return steaks to cooler part of grill (not over mesquite).
- Cover barbecue with lid; grill steaks to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Let steaks rest 5 minutes before serving.