☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbsirloin steak
5 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbspsesame oil
1/4 cbeef stock
1/8 tspblack pepper
How to Make Barbecued Beef (Korean Bul Kogi)
- Slice the steak very thin on the bias.
- Score each piece with an X.
- Chop the scallions and crush the garlic.
- Combine these ingredients with the remaining seasonings in a bowl.
- Add the meat to the marinade and mix well until all sides of the steak are coated.
- The meat may be grilled immediately.
- The best results are obtained if the steak is marinated for 2 hours.
- The marinade will keep overnight.
- Variation: Use rib steak or flank steak.
- Bul Kogi is so popular that many Koreans consider it the national meat dish.
- Serve with rice and kimchi.